Microbiome Events Around the World
- This event has passed.
2019 Microbiome Innovation Summit
November 1, 2019
The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine
With support from Connecticut Innovations, The Jackson Laboratory will host the Microbiome Innovation Summit, bringing together experts in all aspects of microbiome research to present the latest research exploring the functions of microbial communities and how knowledge about these systems can be applied in medicine, agriculture, and other fields.
Our goals are to provide an expert overview and stimulating discussion of:
- the current landscape in microbiome research and development
- approaches for understanding the basis of host/microbe interactions
- best practices for experimental design and reproducibility
- engineering of microbial systems to meet specific objectives
- future directions in microbiome commercialization
The keynote speaker will be Dr. Liping Zhao of Rutgers University, whose lab develops molecular and genomic tools for systems understanding and predictive manipulation of the complex microbial communities in human and animal guts.
Other speakers include Christoph Thaiss, Tami Lieberman, Cara Haney, Alvaro Sanchez, Shipra Vaishnava and more. The full agenda will be available soon.